P16: General Purpose Digital IO
P16 is one of only two GPIO pins with no assigned function or useful alternate feature on the micro:bit. You can use this pin in your projects or designs for any purpose.
The Tech Specs
- Outputs 0V to 0.3V when LOW
- Outputs 2.7V to 3V when HIGH
- Reads 0V to 0.9V as logic LOW
- Reads 2.1V to 3V as logic HIGH
- Can source/sink a maximum of 5mA
- Tolerates -0.3V to 3.3V
- 11K - 16KOhm pull down/up resistance
- A maximum of 3 pins can drive 5mA at any one time
Note, voltages are given for a micro:bit powered over USB.
See http://tech.microbit.org/hardware/edgeconnector_ds/ for more information.